Thursday, August 7, 2008

Journal 4 (Classroom 2.0)

http://www.classroom20.com/forum/topic/show?id=649749%3ATopic%3A46702

Blogs in the classroom? I have had my preconceived notions about the world of blogging and not for one minute did I think that constructing a blog for a classroom would be something that can be rewarding for both teachers and students alike. Through my most recent experiences, I have discovered that a blog can provide a sense of community that can enrich any curriculum. Having my students create their own blog for the class provides them with a sense of belonging and ownership to a cohesive whole. As an educator, I am able to post assignments and links to resources. The classroom blog within of itself provides a forum for students to discuss amongst each other assignments where they can collaboratively work with each other. It goes without saying that having a classroom blog also provides technology rich exposure. Lastly, parents will have access to the classroom blog and can be in the know with the daily lives of their children. I look greatly forward to utilizing this tool.

The discussion board on Classroom 2.0 regarding blogging provides insight on the pros and cons of this application as well as tips for the proper utilization (trouble shooting). With the emergence of this technology and others of the like, it is good to know that there exists a site where teachers can come together and share their experiences using various technology rich tools in the classroom.

2 comments:

Evette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evette said...

I felt the same way about blogging and now that I participated in a class blog I can see how students would benefit from it. I think students will feel a sense of community while they are learning how to use technology, becoming more profecient writers, and at the same time having fun. Blogging is something I would also likt to use in the future.